According to Reverend Jonathan Edwards, in his History of Spokane County, page 257 "Fort George Wright was founded in 1896. Presumably the cemetery was laid out shortly thereafter. However, no doubt there are burials in this cemetery of some who died years before that, as in 1900 and 1901, the remains of forty-five persons who had been buried in the cemetery at Fort Sherman, Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, were removed and reburied at Fort George Wright Cemetery. In the same years, the remains of forty-one persons were removed from the cemetery at Fort Spokane, and reburied at Fort George Wright Cemetery. The cemetery at Fort George Wright is located at the northern part of the Fort grounds, east of the Great Northern Railway and east of the highway. The cemetery contains not only the remains of those who served in the Army, but also of those who served in the Navy, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and the Air Force, as well as the dependents of military persons, and some civilian employees of the military, as well as some "unknown" and some "unknown child." Inscriptions in this Cemetery were copied May 18, 19, and 23, 1968 by Lee D. Patchen. At that time, the records of the cemetery were repored to be in the care of David Schneider at Fairchild Air Base, Engineering Building No. 2451. Attached data base includes all information recorded in 1968. Names are listed in the order in which they were recorded. It is not known at which end of the cemetery Mr. Patchen started his record.